of educational institutions view online education as a priority and 81% view it as an investment. 1
people will be using online learning in 2018, compared to 60 million in 2013. 1
of academic leaders rate the outcomes of online learning as equal or superior to face-to-face learning. 2
is 20% more effective than face-to-face learning for problem-solving skills, and 13% more effective for recalling facts. 3
- Jacqueline Bichsel, The State of E-Learning in Higher Education: An Eye toward Growth and Increased Access (Research Report), Louisville, CO: EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research, June 2013, available from http://www.educause.edu/ecar.
- Bower, Matt, Barney Dalgarno, Gregor Kennedy, Mark J.W. Lee, Jacqueline Kenney. 2014. Blended Synchronous Learning: A Handbook for Educators. https://blendsync.org/handbook
- Bell, Bradford S. and Jessica E. Federman. 2013. E-Learning in Postsecondary Education. The Future of Children 23, no. 1, (Spring).
- New Report on e-Learning Market Trends and Forecast 2014 – 2016 just released http://elearningindustry.com/new-report-on-e-learning-market-trends-and-forecast-2014-2016-just-released.
- Eden Dahlstrom, D. Christopher Brooks, and Jacqueline Bichsel. The Current Ecosystem of Learning Management Systems in Higher Education: Student, Faculty, and IT Perspectives. Research report. Louisville, CO: ECAR, September 2014. Available from http://www.educause.edu/ecar.