Introduction to Peacebuilding
This course provides an overview of the peacebuilding field and introduces the skills needed to succeed in it. Guided through an exploration of USIP’s 30+ year experience engaging with local partners in conflict zones around the world, learners are exposed to a set of key theories, skills and approaches to building peace and to real-world examples that exemplify the complex challenges of peacebuilding.
Daryn Cambridge leads curriculum development and educational design for USIP’s Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding online courses. Daryn joins USIP after 4 years with the International Center on Nonviolent Conflict, where he served as senior director for Learning & Digital Strategies and helped co-found Freedom Beat Recordings – a record label and website that explores the role of music in nonviolent resistance. Daryn is also a peace educator in residence and adjunct professor at American University in Washington, DC, where he teaches courses on education for international development, peace pedagogy, and nonviolent action. Full bio.
Dr. Jacqueline H. Wilson is the Principle of Civic Fusion International. She is a former Senior Program Officer at USIP’s Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding where she focused primarily on programs in Africa although she has conducted programs for the Institute in over 20 countries around the world. Wilson specializes in local peace processes and traditional mechanisms of conflict resolution. She led a cross-border grazing project in Sudan and South Sudan that resulted in publication of the Peaceworks report Local Peace Processes in Sudan and South Sudan. She also focuses on electoral violence prevention and served as an international observer for elections in Kenya and Sudan. Wilson joined USIP in 2004 following a 23-year active and reserve Air Force career, retiring at the rank of lieutenant colonel. Full bio.
A wide array of USIP experts and practitioners share their insights, reflections and stories from the field.
- Andrew Wilder, Vice President, Asia Programs – Bio
- Rusty Barber, Director of Program Development & Operations at United Sates Institute of Peace – Bio
- Ginny Bouvier, Senior Advisor, Inclusive Peace Processes – Bio
- Lauren Van Metre, Acting Vice President, Applied Research on Conflict – Bio
- Georgia Holmer, Director, CVE, Rule of Law & Peacebuilding – Bio
- Ferdaouis Bagga, Program Specialist, Rule of Law, Justice and Security – Bio
- Khitam Al-Khaykanee, Program Officer, Rule of Law, Justice and Security – Bio
- Hodei Sultan, Program Officer, Center for South and Central Asia – Bio
- Muhammad Fraser-Rahim, Program Officer, Africa Programs – Bio
- Ariana Barth, Senior Program Specialist, Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding – Bio
- Aubrey Cox, Senior Program Specialist, Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding – Bio
- Linda Bishai, Director, North Africa Programs – Bio
- Colette Rausch, Associate Vice President – Bio
- Nadia Gerspacher, Director, Security Sector Education, Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding – Bio
Additional experts include:
- Price: $395 (Introductory price)
- Format: Online: Self-paced
- This course is conveniently accessible in a 24/7, on-demand format.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (+1) 202-429-7812